Management Effectiveness Profile System™
Research and development by the Human Synergistics Research team.
Effective management requires the mastery of skills in a variety of areas that, in complementary ways, contribute to continued performance and success. One of the best ways to gauge a manager’s effectiveness is to request feedback from the people with whom the manager works.
The Management Effectiveness Profile System™ (MEPS) accurately evaluates a manager’s current performance in fundamental skill areas, identifying strengths and specific development needs for targeted improvement.
What does MEPS do?
MEPS is an assessment package that:
- uses 360° feedback to provide managers with a balanced perspective of their strengths and development opportunities.
- provides skills-based feedback on classic and contemporary management practices.
- allows for direct comparisons and development planning through feedback from both self and others.
MEPS complements the personal styles-based tools, such as the Life Styles Inventory™, for further development of management effectiveness.
What does MEPS offer you?
Particularly appropriate for mid- to upper-level managers and managers in entry-level positions preparing to move to more demanding roles, MEPS can be used to:
- provide managers with 360° feedback on their management skills
- create a personalized, self-directed development program
- identify the training and development needs of the management team
- initiate and monitor managers’ task and interpersonal skills as well as personal development
- improve interpersonal relationships to enhance team and organizational performance
MEPS provides you with an easy-to-use and beneficial aid to managers in their self-development and to your organization’s development activities.
Research shows that leader and manager behavior significantly affects individuals, culture and, ultimately, the performance of an organization, with managers accounting for significant and meaningful variance in employee engagement and motivation. Using MEPS, subordinates, peers, and/or superiors describe a manager’s effectiveness by responding to items that assess 14 specific managerial skills organized into three categories:
- Task skills, including problem-solving, time management, planning, goal-setting, performance leadership, and organizing.
- Interpersonal skills, including team development, delegation, participation, integrating differences, and providing feedback.
- Personal skills, including stress processing, maintaining integrity, and commitment.
MEPS administration options
MEPS is available in paper scan-form and internet data collection (IDC) formats. It consists of two components:
- The MEPS Self-Description Inventory is completed by each individual manager and measures performance from the participant’s point of view.
- The MEPS Description-by-Others Inventory is completed by at least three associates (direct reports, peers, bosses) to provide an accurate, outside view of the manager’s effectiveness.
The inventories take approximately 25 to 35 minutes to complete. Results are presented in a detailed report that includes historical averages and an extensive guide for self-development.
If you would like to know more about the Management Effectiveness Profile System™, or any of our assessments, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.